Last updated: October 30, 2020
- All references to the masculine shall include the feminine and all references, to the singular shall include the plural and vice-versa.
- All references to volunteer/client/customer whether masculine or feminine include references to non-individuals also unless repugnant to the context thereof.
- Any reference to any statute or statutory provision shall be construed as including a reference to any statutory modifications or re-enactment therein from time to time.
- Headings are for ease of reference only.
https://spacesinternational.com/ is a property of Spaces International a CIO registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales – Charity number: 1191419.
1. Information we collect
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions
You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- making a donation
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Automated technologies or interactions
As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using third-party cookies or server logs and other similar technologies.
Technical Data from analytics providers [such as Google Analytics based outside the EU];
We use tracking tools like Google Analytics for collecting information about your usage of our website.
We might collect your name, email, mobile number, phone number, street, city, state, pincode, country and IP address.
Information you post.
We collect information you post in a public space on our website, when you make a donation or when you post any content on a third-party social media site/channel belonging to https://spacesinternational.com/
If you use our website, we may collect information about your IP address and the browser you’re using. We might look at what site you came from, duration of time spent on our website, pages accessed or what site you visit when you leave us. We might also collect the type of mobile device you are using, or the version of the operating system your computer or device is running.
2. Sharing of Information
With Service Providers
We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to show advertisements to You, to help support and maintain Our Service, to contact You, to advertise on third party websites to You, after You visited our Service or for payment processing.
With Business partners
We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain services or promotions.
3. Third Party Sites
4. Retention of Information/Data
- We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
- In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see your legal rights below for further information.
- In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Opting Out
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of registration as an Ally or participation in the Safe Spaces Group.
7. Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
8. What we may need from You
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
9. Making a Donation
- When you make an online donation on spacesinternational.com, we collect personal data such as your name, billing address, and email address, if you have not previously provided these details during a prior session. We collect information about your donation, including the amount of your donation. We use secure servers for our financial transactions, including when you make a donation. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers. If you use Stripe, PayPal, Apple Pay, M-PESA/M-Changa, or a similar service, their use of your information is based on their terms of service and policies, not ours, so we encourage you to review those policies carefully.
- We may also ask you to share a brief description about why you decided to donate along with your name and general location.
- We may allow donors the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation unless otherwise requested as part of the online donation process.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other person for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
10. Grievance Redressal
Email ID: email@example.com
Visitors/Volunteers/Clients/Customers shall have expressly consented to the terms of this Policy if they enter and use this website or only other online services or provide any information while transacting with us.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
11. Contact Us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Contact Form
13. Updates to this Policy
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data. You have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.